Jones later admitted that he never should have played in the game because of his knee, while after the game (in which the Seahawks ran 68 plays) Ware said, “I might have beaten him twice, but he beat me 66 times.”.

The Seahawks announced the hiring of new offensive line coach Mike Solari. In the first quarter, Seattle trailed early as Dolphins QB Chad Pennington completed a 39-yard TD pass to WR Ted Ginn, Jr. After everything we have been through this year, with all the ups and downs, and for us to stick together as a team and persevere and sent Mike out of here on a note like that was special. In the second quarter, the Seahawks took the lead as kicker Olindo Mare got a 50-yard field goal, while Frye completed a 6-yard TD pass to rookie TE John Carlson. In the first quarter, Seattle's kicker Olindo Mare made a 28-yard field goal. So a better question might be: How did the Seahawks manage to win four games? The Seahawks would respond with quarterback Seneca Wallace completing a 2-yard touchdown pass to rookie tight end John Carlson. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Coming off their upset home win over the Jets, the Seahawks closed out the Mike Holmgren era at the University of Phoenix Stadium in a Week 17 NFC West rematch with the Arizona Cardinals. Seattle’s season ended with a 42-20 Divisional Playoff loss at Green Bay in blizzard-like conditions. Seattle tried to come back as QB Seneca Wallace completed a 3-yard TD pass to WR Koren Robinson. The Seahawks were coming off an unprecedented run of success: Four consecutive NFC West titles five playoff appearances in as many seasons the first conference championship in franchise history, and the Super Bowl berth that went with it. “Steve Largent, I’ve admired forever and ever and ever, and it really is a players’ award. Quarterback Trevor Lawrence has recovered from COVID-19 and is ready to return to Clemson's practice field, but he was less definitive about whether he'll rejoin the Tigers next year for his senior season. Usually considered an excuse, they were a reason for the Seahawks’ face plant in ’08. Wallace (14), DT Brandon Mebane and DE Darryl Tapp (5½), Holmgren Places 10th on NFL's Career Win List, Announce Jim Mora Will Take Over as Head Coach. Former regional scout Mike Phair hired to assist in coaching linebackers. The Seahawks' streak of four consecutive NFC West divisional championships was broken, as they fell to a 4–12 record and missed the playoffs for the first time since 2002. WR Darrell Jackson re-signed a multi-year contract with the Seahawks.

Trying to snap a four-game losing streak, the Seahawks flew to Texas Stadium for a Week 13 Thanksgiving duel with the Dallas Cowboys. T. J. Duckett's 1-yard run tied it, the Rams fizzled while going three-and-out, and Olindo Mare's 27-yard field goal as time expired ended the Seahawks' six-game losing streak and extended the Rams' losing streak to 8. M.Hasselbeck pass short right to J.Carlson for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Not surprisingly, the injury-plagued season included three- and six-game losing streaks before the Seahawks won back-to-back games for the only time – 23-20 in Week 15 at St. Louis against a Rams team they also beat in Week 3 and the 10-point win over the Jets. However, Miami's defense prevented Wallace's 2-point conversion pass from working. The week of the regular-season opener, defensive tackle Rocky Bernard and versatile defensive back Jordan Babineaux were suspended by the league for violating the NFL’s personal conduct and substance abuse policies, respectively. “After everything we have been through this year, with all the ups and downs, and for us to stick together as a team and persevere and send Mike out of here on a note like that was special. Seahawks Football Operations and team practices began at VMAC on August 28, 2008. But Holmgren’s best “parting gift” came in his final home game, as the Seahawks won their fourth game in a snowstorm at Qwest Field – 13-3 over a New York Jets team that was quarterbacked by Brett Favre, Holmgren’s QB while in Green Bay. In the second quarter, the Giants increased their lead with kicker John Carney getting a 29-yard field goal, Jacobs getting a 1-yard TD run, and Carney making a 33-yard field goal. Just when I think I’ve got them figured out, they do something real nice for me. Seahawks Franchise Pages. The Jaguars will stick with Jake Luton at quarterback as Gardner Minshew continues to recover from a thumb injury. The players did vote him the Steve Largent Award, making Holmgren the first non-player to win the honor that is named after the Hall of Fame wide receiver and has been presented annually since 1989 to the player (and now coach) who best exemplifies the spirit, dedication and integrity of the Seahawks.
2008 Seattle Seahawks Statistics & Players: 4-12 (3rd in NFC West), Coach: Mike Holmgren, ProBowl: Jones, Peterson In the fourth quarter, Seattle tried to come back as Hasselbeck completed a 10-yard TD pass to rookie TE John Carlson. With a victory over San Francisco, Mike Holmgren took sole possession of 10th place on the NFL’s career wins list with 172. Mix in the injuries to the other four starters and the Seahawks used eight different starting combinations on the line, including this one for the season finale: Kyle Williams (for Jones), Floyd “Pork Chop” Womack (for Wahle), Steve Vallos (for Spencer), Mansfield Wrotto (for Sims) and Ray Willis (for Locklear). Data Provided By With the win, the Seahawks improved to 2–5. In seven seasons as coach in Green Bay, the Packers never had a losing season. “I told them I accept it with heartfelt thanks.”. Clinton Portis gained 143 yards on 29 carries, including key runs late that helped preserve the Redskins' first victory in almost a month, 20-17 over the Seattle Seahawks. This was the only time during the season that the Seahawks won back-to-back games as well as their only win over a team with a winning record. Matt Hasselbeck completes 7 of 9 passes for 78 yards and a touchdown to help the NFC win the Pro Bowl 42-30. Duckett did score eight touchdowns and converted 12 of 15 third-and-1 situations in his role as the short-yardage and goal-line back. Seattle ended the game's scoring as Wallace completed a 2-yard TD pass to rookie TE John Carlson. The team gave motorcycle to Holmgren after his final football practice as the team's head coach. “I told them I accept it with heartfelt thanks.”. The Cardinals closed out the half with Rackers making a 54-yard field goal. He is a special coach. Jeff Graham passed for 0 yards in his career, Zachary Dixon ran for 732 yards, and Alex Bannister caught 9 passes. The Seahawks responded with kicker Olindo Mare completing a 30-yard field goal, yet New York answered with RB Brandon Jacobs getting a 3-yard TD run. For the Seahawks, and their former coach. Seattle responded with kicker Olindo Mare getting a 51-yard field goal. So 4-12 was not how Holmgren was supposed to be sent into a one-year hiatus before he would become president of the Cleveland Browns. Seahawks communications staff was named the Rozelle Award winner for being the top PR staff in the NFL. Usually considered an excuse, they were a reason for the Seahawks’ face plant in ’08. Jones was voted to the Pro Bowl for a club-record ninth time, despite missing the final four games because he needed microfracture surgery on his left knee – a situation that would force him to also spend the 2009 season on injured reserve and then retire in 2010. Seattle regained the lead as RB T. J. Duckett made a 1-yard TD run, along with Mare kicking a 32-yard field goal.

First, all-time leading rusher Shaun Alexander was released and replaced by free-agent additions Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett, who combined for 870 yards – or 154 more than Alexander had in 11 games in 2007. There just weren’t enough special moments in Holmgren’s final season. On March 26, 2004 the Seahawks signed CB Marcus Trufant to a multi-year extension. “I don’t know what to say. View the 2008 Seattle Seahawks schedule, results and scores for regular season, preseason and postseason NFL games. “I love this organization,” Holmgren said during his final season-ender news conference.