Post was not sent - check your email addresses! 12 Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation. What would a believer's life look like influenced fully by the Holy Spirit? Jesus was a leader of excellence! The sun was setting by the time they finally finished. If you see something that is wrong that can be imporoved- fix it!!! Join us as we explore 12 Inspirational, Motivational, Uplifting & Encouraging Bible Verses, Scriptures, Quotes & Passages about Excellence, Excellence in Work, Excellence in Ministry, Excellence in Studies, & Moral Excellence – i.e. 12 Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation. Daniel raised up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. The first time King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream that his wise men couldn’t interpret, he declared an unfair death sentence that included Daniel and his buddies by default even though he wasn’t initially asked to interpret it. Now let Daniel be called, and he will show the interpretation.” Read full chapter Paying attention to the minor things can have a major impact. Father, we ask You, in the name of Jesus, to help us develop an excellent spirit, one that is anchored to the Word of God. The following are seven ways God brings about the spirit of excellence in us: 1) By helping us realize our own weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). God saved Daniel, and the bad guys got thrown in there instead. You’re His royal child! 4. In Matthew 7:12 Jesus taught what we know as the Golden Rule. By Pastor Jim May. Half Done vs. Well Done. Did you know Daniel in the Bible was one who had an excellent spirit? Great leaders embody excellence and they expect excellence. How can we be leaders of excellence? How did Daniel walk through this in a noble, uncompromising way? The very spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells within you as a believer in Christ! The work we give is the work we will receive. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Excellent is something that excels, goes beyond, predominates! The Excellent Spirit. The greatest way to study the scripture is to stare at it! Then disinterest causes us not to do things with excellence. To be a person of excellence we must pay attention to details. This naturally includes pursuing excellence. The king promoted him ruler over the whole province of Babylon. I’ve been digging into the first 6 chapters of Daniel, and there’s so much to be gleaned! After Daniel interpreted a dream that none of the other wise men could, King Nebuchadnezzar started throwing out honors, gifts and promotions like candy to kids lined up for a parade. Because an excellent spirit, knowledge, and understanding to interpret dreams, explain riddles, and solve problems were found in this Daniel… Daniel 5:12a ESV. A spirit of excellence, one anchored to the things of God, is the key that will bring you through trials and tribulations. What we sow is what we reap. Theodicy: What If God Is Not All-Powerful. Let’s be excellent! He wanted to do well done! When I learned about this, it changed the way I want to live my life. Oooh!!! Being the best is perfectionism. Laws were even passed only to worship the Persian king. Jude 20 (NIV)As a believer in Jesus Christ, you have the very spirit that raised Jesus from the dead living within you! Daniel was not a man who thought of himself with a body possessing a spirit, he thought of himself within the spiritual realm possessing a body. Daniel was a leader of excellence. I hope you will look up these verses, letting these truths really digest in your heart. Through the power of the Holy Spirit your influence comes forth. Having a Spirit of Excellence Will Always Produce Fruit. Details let us what needs to be corrected. The very spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells within you as a believer in Christ! More from LEADERSHIP 101 with Kyler Briscoe, Spiritual Tools for Moving Towards Your Vision, When They Don’t Want to Hear What You Have to Say, Respect it. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were delivered from the fire in the furnace. It isn’t my favorite job, but if I’m going to do it I might as well get all the hair off and do it with excellence instead of an attitude! We should be working unto men as if we were working unto the Lord. Because an excellent spirit, knowledge, and understanding to interpret dreams, explain riddles, and solve problems were found in this Daniel… Daniel 5:12a ESV. As I studied, I found an exciting pattern. Once you’ve finished reading here, it’ll do your soul good to read further what Kelly writes about having a spirit of excellence and how it Opens the Door to God’s Glory! Daniel was able to risk everything even his own life because he trusted God! It will enable you to succeed, have favor, and fulfill all that God has ordained for you to accomplish in your lifetime. Hey!!! He brought an assistant, and started early. You have to choose to be excellent! English Standard Version (ESV). He didn’t half do anything! Everything looked amazing when they were done. Be the embodiment of your expectations. Don’t overlook a mistake. Here’s some questions to ask yourself. Why? Serve the CEO like you are the CEO! Daniel was a man of wisdom and discretion. What goes around comes back around. "A man of an excellent spirit." Daniel 6:20-23 (NIV)We can learn from Daniel's life during a very tumultuous time of sin-filled peer pressure. Nobody does anything with excellence anymore. They were forced from their homeland to hostility. This weekend I had to help an organization with something. You better start acting like you own something!!! What would a spirit of excellence look like in YOUR life? Now let Daniel be called, and he will show the interpretation.” Read full chapter #nourishedandthriving @KellySinging @Kela__Nellums” via=”no”]. It's never too late to embrace His fullness! Caleb was a man that God himself acknowledged that he had a different spirit upon him: the spirit of excellence. 12 Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation. God demands excellence from His children!!! Leaders: don’t be afraid of a second touch! Joseph was a leader of excellence. "...Daniel handled the situation with wisdom and discretion." Great despises good! Rarely do we give our whole self to anything. This is the first time that I’ve EVER had a guest write for my blog! God blesses excellence! We’ve got to be excellent! I want people to recognize a spirit of excellence inside of me!!! They didn’t stop with only power washing the outside of the house. Joseph was promoted to the palace and was overseer of all of Egypt. Daniel 6:10 (NIV) 4. Are we serving with excellence? Be predetermined that you’re going to give EVERYTHING in life your best. Let me tell you about Celio. They cleaned the deck, too. I hope that Kelly and I can work together a lot more in the future. We can see a divine key to stay built up by praying in the Holy Spirit in Jude. Don’t be lazy! A spirit of excellence was on Daniel's life! I am my Daddy's (Abba) girl. We may not always have the best materials, but we can live with a conviction that our best can always get better. What took so long? ESV® Text Edition: 2016. If you want someone to do a bad job for you at something then do a bad job at something for someone else. After we model then we expect it! 3. If you’re not being paid (or paid enough) or there’s nothing “in it” for you- you don’t care about doing things with excellence. I’m very detail oriented. It’s doing things well done, decent and in order. His distinguished spirit of excellence lives through you! Excellence wants to please God. Talk to Him and praise Him! Jesus didn’t settle for good enough, He wanted that man’s vision to be fully RESTORED! Jesus asked the man if He saw anything and the man said “I see men like trees, walking.” Then Jesus touched Him again. The entire world, including his family, came to him to receive food during a global famine. We don’t want to be good we want to be GREAT! 1 Corinthians 14:40 says “Let all things be done decently and in order.” The scripture says let ALL things! I pay a lot of attention to details. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. It’s time to start doing things with EXCELLENCE! Except all the candy landed in Daniel’s hands. Excellence should be apart of the organization’s culture. Not a work of the flesh but of the Spirit! Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. God will be glorified through the lives of any who have their hearts aligned with the truth of it. See Proverbs 22:29 AMPC and Ecclesiastes 9:10 AMPC. $3.99 a month puts a library of commentaries, study notes, and Greek & Hebrew language tools right in your pocket. Daniel was a man of nobility and revealed a heart who was captivated and yielded to God.Daniel, a man of excellent spirit was a man of purpose, a man of prayer, a man of perception, a man of power. Let’s do ALL things with excellence! Do good work for others! 15:58). How you serve determines whether or not you’re ready for the next level! "Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the king's meat," (Daniel 1:8). Having a spirit of excellence does not make you proud or better than anyone else; it makes you humble and thankful. Are we working with excellence? Don’t ever half do anything and don’t ever settle for just “good enough”. Enjoy reading 4 Surprising Benefits of Having a Spirit of Excellence and visit Kelly in her social media spaces! He served the kings like he was a king. When we enter into Heaven the Lord will say “well done my good and faithful servant.” We need to do things well done not half done! If the team doesn’t see you leading by example, they won’t necessarily do it. How can we operate in excellence? When you only care about yourself- you don’t care about doing things with excellence. My dad always tells me that when I have to shave his back. Daniel 5:12 King James Version (KJV). Sign up to receive newsletters, updates, and special offers from Revival.com, © Copyright 1996-2020 Revival Ministries International, The Killing of Uncle Sam Paperback Edition, Like the Eagle Bird & Nothing is Impossible, Spring Ministers' & Leaders' Conference 2021, Fall Ministers' & Leaders' Conference 2021. Be detail oriented. I have a major crush on my awesome husband. Let us examine the qualities of fruit "manifested in the life-story of the man in whom spirit excelled and was the principal thing. My parents hired this trusted godly man to power wash the outside of their house. You probably know the story, but God did another miracle and saved their lives again. I believe we’ve lost one thing in life that truly matters- EXCELLENCE. Daniel 6:3 KJV. Jesus put spit on the man’s eyes and laid hands on Him. Thousands may have drifted away during adversity but Daniel purposed in his heart he would not take the bait and indulge in the enticements and the king's delicacies. Serve the people of God with excellence! The Bible said, Jesus touched Him again. If we have a spirit of laziness we lose our spirit of excellence. The reality is that God sees our work and rewards us accordingly (cf. We don’t give all our time, energy and gifts into our tasks or crafts. Mom of 6, Mother in Law and Grandma K! Bottom line: they trusted God every time. He was excellent because he was faithful. The biblical meaning of Excellence/Excellent according to Strong's concordance: Distinguished, something valuable, a product of fruit, pleasant, precious fruit, honorable, surpassing and most noble. It’s doing something and asking the question “would God be pleased with this work?” We can’t lose our spirit of excellence.