RDS down with a filling power of 660 CUIN, Can be stuffed into its inner pocket to save space in the backpack, Completely water-repellent fabric. The component is made of BITON: this process allows us to lower our CO2 impact and reduce consumption and water pollution in comparison to coloured models. Manufacturers, your cart. Kids' Bottoms…, All Sale, To clear your confusion I would like to tell you there is no as such panoply in Decathlon called Quechua Forclaz 500 and Forclaz 100. I liked the X-Light Women’s jacket for the fit. A 40-60 ltr backpack will suffice for Kuari Pass as well as any longer trek you might do in the future. 2 belt pockets, 2 water bottle holders Billiards…, Badminton, You will require 3 layers of warm clothes on this trek in end March. Hiking Fleeces, Sweaters…, Hiking Poles, We have been awarded RDS certification (Responsible Down Standard) by a third-party organization. I’ll follow the washing technique mentioned in the link you posted to see if it helps. Backpack Review Quechua Forclaz 60 (+ answering questions you’ll probably have when buying your own backpack) What size of backpack to buy? But I was particularly impressed by the grey-blue one I got. Since 1976, we design, manufacture, and offer the best gear at the best prices for more than 80 sports. Their jackets. X-Light Down Jacket – A Fiercely Warm Jacket For Himalayan Treks, 139, Defence Colony Road, Defence Layout, Sahakar Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560092, 14, Raj Villa, Milan Vihar, GMS Road, Dehradun - 248001, https://www.decathlon.in/p/8493273_women-s-blue-trek-100-mountain-trekking-hooded-down-jacket.html#/27-200-xs, Mountaineering Pants by Decathlon – Excellent Pants For Long Treks And Expeditions. 99. go for a down jacket with 800 fill power on chadar. Get in touch with her on [email protected], (We also have special first invites to our newly opened treks.). A quick note for those worried about the origin of the feathers: Down jackets are never really worn while trekking. It didn’t rain, but I did spill some water (and unfortunately, some tea) on it. Exercise…, Bikes, Running Shoes…, Gloves, Please visit your nearest Decathlon store for the same. I am hesitating between this X light jacket and a Top warm one from Decathlon, which has better parameters and 660 CUIN. Their feathers are used after they have been consumed in the meat industry. Snowboarding…, Women's Jackets, Best value sleeping bag. Waterproof hood and shoulder inserts. You’ll find them. This is the warmest most comfortable coat I’ve ever had highly recommend this super warm coat it’s like having the duvet off your bed with you 24/7! Extendible volume: ST, Please enter a valid city with state or zipcode. Stability in -18 degree , Easy to use . Hi , But it will not survive rain — it isn’t designed for it. hello kabir, Bindings…, Boots, Confront the extreme cold with this jacket filled with RDS-certified down and feathers*. Poor Product Quality and False Advertisement. It doesn’t perform like a budget pick and excels in shoulder-season temps. Speaking about the tea I spilt on it, I rubbed it a bit with a wet cloth and dried it. Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the product. Backpack that is durable and lightweight with a carry system that is comfortable for long expedition-type treks lasting several weeks. It's the warmest jacket in the range! Buy Now $150.00. Will this be good or please suggest Size: 23.62 - 24.40 in. City, It is observed that , this waterproof cap does not protect from the rain and water sinks in side the cap in rain. Bought for a trip to cold mountains in Europe. Next, I’ll get to the fit. A colour of a jacket usually doesn’t make much of a difference – it’s either nice or not nice – but this light shade added to the experience of the jacket. Hi Kabir, This down jacket is no more available please suggest a alternative. Boots…, Snowboards, I would strongly advise you not to wear it while trekking. Hi i am into farming. The shoulders and hood of the down jacket are waterproof as they are more exposed to the rain. There may be slight variations. Speaking about the tea I spilt on it, I rubbed it a bit with a wet cloth and dried it. Tent holder Good quality material. Symbium system, 3 zipped pockets The empty weight shown is that of our reference TREK 900 70+10L sample. You even need a weatherproof soft shell jacket. I just wore my. Adjustable back and straps This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out. All our down jackets are laboratory tested with 3 mph wind, worn as a 3rd layer on a thermal mannequin (over a long-sleeved T-shirt and fleece). Your feedback helps us make Walmart shopping better for millions of customers. Decathlon—a European outdoor goods retailer—doesn’t skimp on materials or features for its in-house brands, and relies on volume to make up the difference. The coat itself warm but the quality is so poor. In this video I am going to make a review of my new backpack Forclaz Trek 100 Easy Fit 70 L from Decathlon. You’ll find them here. We use YKK (a leading zip manufacturer) zips in this model to try and ensure reliability and durability, so hopefully the problem you have encountered is a rare one. Bike Helmets…, Hiking Backpacks, Though this jacket is comfortable and warm, but it looses a lot of down, and not just from the stitches but also from the middle of the fabric. Down jackets are usually bulky. Dance…, Canyoning, The folks at decathlon say that this happens with all down jackets, but I haven’t seen any such thing in woodland down jackets. Carry heavy gear (tent, stove, food) closest to your back. The hat has UV and super light. your cart. Right, with the three main highlights covered, let’s head to other aspects of the jacket. The other layers I had taken lay in my backpack, unused throughout the trek. All our trekking rucksacks are tested in use by users who represent those for whom the products are designed, in conditions similar to those found in real-life. How far does this withstand the fatigue caused by my loaded trekking bag? It will be my first trek in Himalyas (Kuari Pass) trek in March end. It weighed less than 380 g. Right there I was sold. It just about kept me warm. The ducks are not harmed in this process. Here’s the link to the men’s jacket. Happy to keep enjoying decathlon product's. Men's mountain trekking rucksack | TREK 900 Symbium 70+10L - Dark Grey | forclaz Thanks to the symbium system you can say goodbye to the swinging effect that tire out trekkers. Cycling, This feature was not demonstrated to me and I'm no expert to notice it in the store. Waterproof : Offers protection during a 2 hour downpour (60 liters h/sqm). The hat kept my head cool too on sunny day. Hiking Backpack Accessories & Carry Bags Hiking Water Bottles & Flasks Hiking Lamps, Torches & Headlamps Hiking Duffle Bags Hiking & Trekking Men's Hiking Waterproof Jackets & Ponchos Men's Hiking Fleeces Men's Hiking Down & Padded Jackets This was something I was worried about. Rain Jackets…, Sweatshirts, Hoodies, The volume of each backpack is measured using a standardised method: we fill the main compartment as well as each pocket with little balls. This is a BEAUTIFUL feather filled jacket. How many layers of clothes should I pack and what kind of bag to buy. Pole holder Send me an email when my question is answered, We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. Got it before a month...used it for chadar trek..for 15 days.. Store your bag in a dry, ventilated place away from direct light. These tests were conducted on the components, the seams and the finished product. Baseball…, Kayaking, It hardly occupied any space in my backpack. For 40 years, Decathlon has delivered the best value in the retail sports industry by offering high-quality, sustainable and cost-effective products. Kitesurfing…, Cross Country Skiing, Quechua is for Hiking and Forclaz is for Trekking. This down jacket, worn as a 3rd layer, has been certified for an active comfort temperature of 0°F during a standardized test in a thermal chamber. I easily give it a 4.5 on 5. delivers high-quality cost-effective products. 1 inside hook at the top to hang a lamp and loops inside (washing line). Good arrangement during pandemic . Put your bedding at the bottom. Shirts…, Pants, As I said, I bought the Quechua Forclaz 60 for my second world trip, as my old backpack was too heavy, too small and just not very practical in general. What would you recommend? The material of the down jacket is water-repellent. * The prices listed on the site are the prices recommended by DECATHLON SA's central purchasing department. Go for it if you’re signing up for a Himalayan trek — whether in summer or winter! your cart. Your discussion on different important topics enriches my knowledge every time.” – Subhrajit Mukherjee. They’re only to be worn at campsites when temperatures dip post sunset. I’ve seen several trekkers using this X-Light jacket — usually the dark blue or orange variant. If carrying a hydration pack (water bladder), this should be placed in its special pocket along the back. Total height of the tent: 101 cm. Select Option. Reference: . Only when temperatures drop after sundown. Mountaineering Sleeping Bag Reviews. The jacket has a comfort temp limit of -5℃ and a limit temp of -10℃ with 2 layers i.e. Both these put together will give you that added warmth you need. © 2020 Pocket Outdoor Media Inc. All Rights Reserved. Here at Walmart.com, we are committed to protecting your privacy. It feels really good to see your product being endorsed by the best. For this down jacket with its 85% down/15% feathers filling, the fill power is guaranteed to be 660 CUIN or more (European standard). Your body generates a lot of heat as it is. I blame it either on my improper packing skills or some water (snow…) which might have seeped through. Please enable JavaScript in your browser and reload the page. Ripstop is a mesh-type fabric. Your location: Select Option. The rain will no longer slow you down thanks to this waterproof Backpacking hat! Sunglasses…, Weight Training, I have the dark blue one (it too doesn’t beg for any attention according to me :p ). The X light jacket is warm enough. Thank you for your valuable review. It’s the warmest jacket I have used till date. Eco-Designed thanks to the use of mass-dyed fabrics. Regular trekking pants like a Forclaz 50 by Quechua will be fine. While walking 3-4 layers will be good and you won`t even need a down during trekking as body generates heat and sweating will start which is not good, but as soon as you pitch tent or end your day trek you need a good down jacket. Hi, you will have to use a poncho or a rain proof jacket separately when it rains . Kids Sale, Bottoms…, Up To 20% Off, This jacket did that for me. Under $50…, Bike Sale, Multi-hook straps, Back with aluminium bars reducing the pressure and allowing the back to breathe, Bag lining and rain cover made of bulk-dyed polyester. Are fine..even after rough use in trek.. So, down with a higher fill power (higher CUIN number) will occupy more space, trap more air, and provide greater thermal insulation. It’s a natural characteristic of a down jacket. The X-Light jacket ticks this box without question. Komal Shivdasani heads the Finance team at Indiahikes.