Even if you didn’t feel this small earthquake, you never know when the Big One is going to strike. Copyright © 2020 KABC-TV. Police shoot man in Anaheim during kidnap-for-ransom investigation. From wildfires to earthquakes, Southern Californians are often given reminders of the importance of having emergency preparedness kits. PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two small earthquakes were recorded this morning in the Coachella Valley, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. HUD Secretary Ben Carson tests positive for coronavirus; aide says he’s in ‘good spirits’, HUD Secretary Ben Carson tests positive for coronavirus; aide says he’s in ‘good spirits.’, L.A. County declares new coronavirus surge, sparking increased alarms. A … Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. Utah Gov. Emily Harrington is the first woman, and fourth person, to free-climb the route on the Yosemite granite wall in a single day. Seismologist Dr. Lucy Jones talks to Eyewitness News about the 4.6 magnitude earthquake that rattled SoCal Friday night. A magnitude 3.6 earthquake was reported Friday morning three miles from Desert Hot Springs, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. No sharing, use ‘airplane arms’: Las Virgenes kids are among first in L.A. to return to school. Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. An average of 234 earthquakes with magnitudes between 3.0 and 4.0 occur per year in California and Nevada, according to a recent three year data sample. The voluntary procedure is not the same as a recount and has nothing to do with President Trump’s claims of voter fraud, the registrar of voters says. Trump is not conceding, and is likely to fire foes, pardon friends. A divided Congress could make climate action harder, but there’s a huge amount Joe Biden can do on his own. Many Californians rejoiced Saturday as Joe Biden defeated Donald Trump, dancing, marching and honking car horns. The earthquake occurred at 10:10 a.m. four miles from Cathedral City, seven miles from Palm Springs, eight miles from Rancho Mirage and eight miles from Yucca Valley, the USGS said. In the past 10 days, there have been five earthquakes of magnitude 3.0 or greater centered nearby. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. What is an earthquake swarm? A Times editor reviewed the post before it was published. Young bobcat burned in El Dorado fire on road to recovery, The 6- to 8-month-old female was found burned and alone on a Yucaipa trail by a woman walking her dogs, Orange County will conduct audit of 2020 presidential election ballots. A police officer shot a man in Anaheim during an investigation into a scheme in which immigrants were being smuggled into the U.S. and held for ransom, authorities say. Officials said the man was lying the road when he was struck by the vehicle of a Border Patrol who was responding to a report of an illegal entry. 1st woman free-climbs El Capitan’s Golden Gate route in a day. The earthquake occurred at 10:10 a.m. four miles from Cathedral City, seven miles from Palm Springs, eight miles from Rancho Mirage and eight miles from Yucca Valley, the USGS said. L.A. Affairs: When ‘corona-dating’ gets me down, I remember what mom said. Utah governor issues statewide mask mandate amid coronavirus surge. One of these people could be Vice President-elect Kamala Harris’ successor and California’s next senator. If a big quake hits during the pandemic, will we be prepared? If you’re interested in learning more about the system, visit our list of frequently asked questions. The earthquake occurred at a depth of 2.0 miles. All information you need to know about Palm Springs. Despondent Trump supporters say they can’t accept Biden-Harris win, A joyous celebration springs up at the Berkeley house where Kamala Harris grew up. ‘I just want someone I can sit with and talk to on the couch and have a great time,’ I’d often remarked to my friends about what I’m looking for in a relationship. President Trump is not conceding the presidential election to Joe Biden and is expected to fire foes and pardon friends. PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two small earthquakes were recorded this morning in the Coachella Valley, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. Fireworks, Champagne and dancing in the streets of L.A. as Biden and Harris win.