The new Beretta EL might also be enjoyed by anyone who likes the idea of a small, stylish, 20-bore side-by-side. With its long sideplates and the outstanding rounded body, the 486 EL represents the evolution in grade of the new Beretta side by side. For a new gun with unusual pedigree, read Browning B15: the new upmarket over and under. I can do a 28" with either Pistol grip beavertai or a 28" with strait stock splinter. Il 486 Parallelo è anche un fucile ecologico: all’interno dell’asta è posto un pulsante atto a inibire il funzionamento automatico degli estrattori, così da poter effettuare manualmente l’estrazione dei bossoli ed evitarne la dispersione sul terreno.. The engraving, laser applied, is rose and scroll in something like Purdey style. The side-plates put a little more mass between the hands and allow for additional decoration. 12 top tips for the new season. 486 Parallelo EL . Bringing the gun to the shoulder, the Beretta 486 Parallelo EL feels quite light and lively with a slightly forward balance. Beretta. What age should youngsters start shooting? This uses a floating weight on the back of the trigger that prevents the gun going off accidentally (Manton developed the system for flintlocks, a pendulum hanging between frizzen and cock). Wood to metal and general presentation of the test gun impress; the inletting of the side-plates into the stock wood (accomplished by precision machining) is particularly good. The balance is improved, too. I think the pattern makes the guns a little easier to shoot consistently. Fucile parallelo Beretta 486. The action body and plates are presented silver polished or, as Beretta describes it, “without surface finish”, and the action furniture is similarly uncoloured (though a pair of special-order 486 20-bore ELs currently resides in the London Beretta Gallery, chemically “colour hardened” with traditionally blued furniture). Overview Models Where to buy Photos. The pistol grip and beaver-tail provide good purchase, enhancing control in a light gun, and would probably be my choice were I ever to order one. The 486 Parallelo 20 is well designed and styled but my choice for all-round shooting would be the 12-bore Parallelo (not yet available with side-plates). Flush fitting long “Opti High Performance” multichokes. Tel 01489 579999 Partridge shooting tips. The round bar is also very different to the old square bar Beretta side-by-sides. It weighs in at just over 6lb and has a pistol-grip stock with a trim beaver-tail fore-end (there is also a straight hand option with traditional splinter). GET THE RELIABILITY OF A BERETTA, BUT THE TRADITIONAL LOOK WITH THIS BERETTA 486 EL WITH A COLOUR CASE HARDENED ACTION. 12ga with buyers choice of 28 or 30" barrels. The laser applied engraving is rose and scroll and in something like Purdey style. Any 20-bore side-by-side would not, however, be my first choice for ladies or young shots. The tighter (but not too tight) radius of the grip suited me and gave a sense of security. Replacing the 470 series and now in 20-bore, the Beretta 486 Parallelo EL looks good and feels light and lively. I also liked the classic concave rib, though a flat, pigeon-style rib would also suit the gun well and might, arguably, be better. The 486 Parallelo was launched as a 12-bore some years back, replacing the 470 series. Now streamlined look meets ballistic precision. Another interesting mechanical feature, inspired by Joe Manton in the early 19th century, is a gravitational safety. The action, into which Fausti seems to have had some input, is powered by V-springs with an improved, less-complex trigger mechanism. 486 Parallelo EL Tartarugato (case-hardened), Competition Collection of Shooting Gear and Sports, International Handgun Defence Shooting Course, Configurator area strictly reserved for Beretta. With the 486 Parallelo, Beretta has reintroduced the side by side shotgun in their lineup. Michael Yardley is impressed. The Beretta 486 Parallelo EL looks good, though my inclination would be to increase the coverage a little at the fences and around the hinge-pins. It was a much better gun than the one it replaced with some interesting features. I noticed some recoil (as one might expect considering the gun’s weight) and there was a slight harmonic on closing the gun as there is in many guns equipped with a stock bolt rather than a breach pin. I think the over-and-unders are significantly easier to use. The 30in barrels offer improved pointability with no great weight penalty. Beretta 486 Parallelo, Round action side by side. The new small-bore EL is sleek, with its slim, rounded, Boss-like action with slightly convex side-plates mounted either side. For my money, the modern 30in 20-bore side-by-side should have a pigeon rib. Now streamlined look meets ballistic precision. For the barrels, two tubes are laser welded to a combined set of lumps and a platform with a dividing piece upon which the barrels sit – a modern form of “through-lump” construction. BERETTA 486 PARALLELO EL. This assembly includes an inertia-operated single-trigger mechanism. This is a much better gun than the old 471, though – mechanically, aesthetically and in use. From GMK Ltd, Bear House, Concorde Way, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 5RL The rest of the specification includes a single-selective trigger, flush fitting long “Opti High Performance” multi-chokes and rather unusual ejector work that can be disabled by a switch in the fore-end (useful to reloaders or those who want to collect cartridge cases). With its long sideplates and the outstanding rounded body, the 486 EL represents the evolution in grade of the new Beretta side by side. Beretta Shotgun 486 Parallelo EL Tartarugato, 20 Gauge Side by Side #5YT86BC4AAB10. www.gmk.co.uk, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, Browning B15: the new upmarket over and under, The Field subscription sale: 50% OFF TODAY ONLY, New study reveals the great benefits of grouse shooting to moorland communities, BGA and Mac & Wild launch new Grouse Cooking Kits. Both are equipped with Triblock OptimaBore HP barrels and the exclusive “gravitational safety”, which prevents the fire when the shotgun is in a unusual position. Would you like to log into Beretta using your logged in facebook information? I liked the 30in barrels, which offer improved pointability with no great weight penalty. Locate your nearest Beretta dealer to find pistols, shotguns, accessories, clothing or Sako and Tikka Rifles. Beretta 486 Parallelo model with English straight hand stock and with the stock wood covering the trigger/hammer part of the action. They are easier to point and to control. The fore-end, neither too wide nor deep, is not so bulky that natural pointing is impeded. This shotgun would be just the ticket for smaller partridge days, walking-up grouse or partridge, or for use in a pigeon hide (where 20-bores and 28s and their cartridges mean less bulk to carry in). Scottish James MacNaughten guns would sometimes have the wood continue further up the action to the hinge and this Beretta action could likely be made like that if they chose to create such a model. The Editor’s 12 top tips for grouse shooting, American heiresses: hunting, the haunt of the man-eating Delilah, Sea-trout fishing: becoming obsessed with the dark arts. Gloucestershire. The test gun this month is a 20-bore, side-by-side, side-plated, round bar Beretta: the Beretta 486 Parallelo EL. The laser-weld barrels are 30in, and 28in are also available. It weighs in at just over 6lb and has a pistol-grip stock with a trim beaver-tail fore-end (there is also a straight hand option with traditional splinter). The beaver-tail aided purchase and kept the hand away from the barrels, useful if they become heated. The action accommodates a neat trigger-unit secured by a screw underneath the sliding safety-cum-barrel selector in the top tang and another forward of the trigger guard. Light guns are made much more manageable by good shapes. Beretta 20 gauge 486 Parallelo EL (CCH) Side by Side Shotgun (R/H) - New (4) New. The test gun this month is a 20-bore, side-by-side, side-plated, round bar Beretta: the Beretta 486 Parallelo EL. The figure of the wood is above average, too. Price £6,675 Competition Collection of Shooting Gear and Sports, International Handgun Defence Shooting Course, Configurator area strictly reserved for Beretta. That said, this is a well-conceived gun that, with a suitably elevated stock and the right load, could be used by both women and youngsters effectively. Launched to replace the 470 series and now in 20-bore, Michael Yardley considers the Beretta 486 Parallelo EL to be a much better gun – with some interesting features. CAD $13,779.99. Barrels are 30in (28in are also available) with 3in chambers proofed for steel shot. 30 ... BERETTA AS-EL… Home / Shop / Beretta, Beretta, Premium, Όπλα, Πλαγιόκαννα / Beretta 486 Parallelo EL. 12- or 20-bore: what is the best bore size for women? An elegantly perfect side by side. There are no visible joins in the barrels thanks to the unusual construction method. Beretta 486 Parallelo EL SKU: Now streamlined look meets ballistic precision. SIDEPLATES WITH TIGHT ENGLISH SCROLL REALLY COMPLETE THIS GUN AS THE IDEAL MODERN SIDE BY SIDE. Together with the classical one, the 486 EL is available in color case hardened version. Trade Seller. The Beretta 486 Parallelo 20-gauge bears the same improvements as the 12 gauge.