Well, whatever it is but its major victims are POOR people. There are the more standard theories associated with the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. It was so sad and tragic, and the supposed joy that comes after Christmas and New Years disappeared. Other’s say that both the Indian and American government worked together to trigger to cause the Earthquake. However, there are documentaries about the incident itself, which may help the readers see the reality one bit. Amazing to think about. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I cried when the mother of that poor family said that she has not seen her little daughter again. stone, pond, learn and maybe prevent is a good reason dude. The “Tsunameters” used to detect Tsunami’s cost only $250,000 each, and only one is necessary with another as a backup. A very good documentary on explaining the science behind the 2004 Indian Ocean mega earthquake and the resultant tsunami waves that affected the entire area claiming over 230,000 lives. However, scientists investigating damage in Aceh, Indonesia found subsequent evidence that waves had reached 20-30m (65-100ft) in places. The purpose of the video is to educate the viewer, remind this event, and explain the behavior of the tsunami, near the epicenter of the earthquake. Energy Youth Centre is in a former military drill hall in Eastleigh, Hampshire. I found this to be a great documentary explaining the forensic science that went into trying to explain all of the plate tectonic events that occurred to explain the huge destructive tsunami waves that were observed on December 25, 2004. The problem with this theory, and with most other conspiracy theories, is that there is simply no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the USA were testing nuclear weapons at the time. She continues: "Music is integral to the work that we do here. Reply ↴ Karenwasherefirst - 04/08/2011 at 06:50 I feel like if I saw the water recede that quickly, I'd know immediately it was a tsunami. .css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link{color:inherit;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited{color:#696969;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link:hover,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited:hover,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link:focus,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited:focus{color:#B80000;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link::after,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited::after{content:'';position:absolute;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;left:0;z-index:2;}Emotional reunion in Aceh 10 years on. Large parts of US are geologically unstable people still live there. The seams of coal are the result of prehistoric eastern coast forests being periodically obliterated and all of the trees and plant matter being pushed together and then covered with sea sediment further inland. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. In 2004 I was working with a couple that lost their daughter in that tsunami. The small crustal snap must have happened three times to explain the three large waves. Anyone else catch that lady wading around with an iron from the hotel? And these can result in adverse consequences for land masses. ... 12-26-2004 Tsunami - Duration: 14:08. questmatrix 110,368 views. It was the most surreal thing coming back to school and it was still almost empty, kids had to go to funerals, some lost their parents. Get a free earthquake app and set the alerts to 6.0 if you are on a coast line. There is no evidence to back up any of these claims. She and her boyfriend were both injured but survived. WHAT AN IRONY, EVEN A WIDOW MOTHER. With Shonti Breisch, Jai Breisch. .css-14iz86j-BoldText{font-weight:bold;}A decade ago, one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded struck off the coast of Indonesia, triggering a tsunami that swept away entire communities around the Indian Ocean. I felt so happy at that moment I wanted to take a picture of my mother and sister. Terrifying. Bayona. No, there isn't. The story of a tourist family in Thailand caught in the destruction and chaotic aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. LOL A little dramatic today Charles? Filming people in their moments of DEATH is disturbing. It must be hard though to be on vacation and all and see people living in poverty, if vacation was why you were there. yeah and the largest Tsunami in History happened well before we had any of this tech lol, i do not understand how people are so ignorant about the force of nature, there are things in this universe which make the power of our sun look powerless, in a fraction of a second they can release more power and energy than our sun does in billions of years. It was the fourth largest Earthquake in the past hundred years. Edie decided to remember her sister by sharing her love of music with others. Alice was one of the most funny, loving, light-hearted people to be around. You people make me SICK. They were kayaking at Krabi in Thailand when the waves came. (not referring to you), Well actually there is some very credible info out there (if you search) that suggests that the only way this happened was through a well placed nuke in the deep sea valleys of Indonesia. VideoSaving India's tigers from extinction, 'Let's work together!' They could have spent more time explaining the phenomenon of sunamis and the earth quakes that cause them, but still well worth the watch. Of course she is a mother and she will not believe her little sweet daughter is dead now. And if there was, then a link between the nuclear testing and the earthquake and the Tsunami would have to be established. This is a depiction of the Japanese tsunami and the nuclear... Hidden from Parliament and the U.S. Congress, the deal was... Krakatoa: The Last Days (also titled Krakatoa: Volcano of... Wind rotates around our daily lives unseen. "We came to rest at a beautiful spot with limestone columns jutting out of the sea. Posted by 1 year ago. In 2011 a Japanese earthquake created massive waves off the coast of Japan that resulted in a nuclear meltdown. And still, others say that the Australian and Thai governments failed to respond to the warning from the US about the earthquake. You f*cking tinfoil hatters really annoy me. I had prepared myself on the rocks I could be the only one who survived. At the centre's heart is its music studio, newly replenished thanks to a £1,000 grant from Music for Alice. Left a few days before it struck. It was a day that changed Edie Fassnidge's life forever. What worries me even more though is the potential for a small asteroid strike in the Pacific Ocean. It has also been claimed that the U.S government knew ahead of time that the Tsunami was underway due to their Tsunami sensors, yet failed to warn the Asians. But it did happen. Unfortunately, there are not many video recordings from this area, but we are trying to describe the event as accurately as possible. With no adequate warning systems in place, there was no alert issued to people to seek safety. Whew, what a close call. How is this so fascinating or hard to believe. Her mother, 53-year-old Sally Macgill, and younger sister Alice Macgill, 23, were holidaying in Thailand with Edie and her boyfriend, now husband, Matt Fassnidge. "It was incredible. Saying it it was a nuke is ridiculous without evidence of dead sea life - floating fish, and radiation. What the hell are your priorities?! One of the best moments of my life. The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami (also known as the Boxing Day Tsunami and, by the scientific community, the Sumatra–Andaman earthquake) occurred at 07:58:53 in local time on 26 December, with an epicentre off the west coast of northern Sumatra, Indonesia.It was an undersea megathrust earthquake that registered a magnitude of 9.1–9.3 M w, reaching a Mercalli intensity up to … A minute-by-minute account of the Boxing Day 2004 Tsunami told through amateur video footage of people who were there. However, this tsunami was particularly large. The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami (also known as the Boxing Day Tsunami and, by the scientific community, the Sumatra–Andaman earthquake) occurred at 07:58:53 in local time on 26 December, with an epicentre off the west coast of northern Sumatra, Indonesia.It was an undersea megathrust earthquake that registered a magnitude of 9.1–9.3 M w, reaching a Mercalli intensity up to … This earthquake had the longest duration of faulting ever observed, between 8.3 and 10 minutes. I looked out to sea and in the very distance I could see a ridge - a wave - moving towards us across the sea which was otherwise flat. "For them it is one of the most important forms of expression. This happen to many such ponds in the locality. Do they mention what happened to the German man who had the two kids and his wife. She says: "Before I came to the youth centre I couldn't play any instruments. Yeah, the earth plates MOVE and shift and make waves like a stone thrown into a pond.